- What is Mechanical Engineering?
- Is Columbia a good place to live?
- How do I apply to USC?
- Which scholarships and financial aid programs are available to Mechanical Engineering students?
- How do I get transfer credit for EMCH courses?
- How can I ask my own question?
What is Mechanical Engineering?
The following page has a good review on Mechanical Engineering: http://www.worldwidelearn.com/online-education-guide/engineering/mechanical-engineering-major.htm
Is Columbia a good place to live?
Columbia is South Carolina’s capitol city and cultural hub. Greater Columbia has over 583,000 people, over 600 restaurants, 8 major hospitals, and 5 huge shopping malls. Columbia’s weather is great. Average annual snowfall is less than 2-inches and rarely lasts a day. Recreational opportunities, festivals, and other entertainment possibilities abound!
Columbia is located in the geographical center of South Carolina at the intersection of three major interstate highways: I-26, I-20 and I-77. Columbia is 3 hours by car from the Grand Strand at Myrtle Beach, 2 hours from historic Charleston, and 3 hours from the scenic Smoky Mountains.
Informational Links for Columbia, SC
- Columbia Visitor & Convention Bureau is the official website of the City of Columbia, South Carolina.
- www.sc.gov, the official website of South Carolina, and includes information on Government, Education, Business, Health, Public Safety, Environment and Tourism.
- Yahoo! Columbia has a city guide and other info. Over 130 other Yahoo links for Columbia are available.
- Columbia A to Z…enough said.
- Columbia Metropolitan Airport is serviced by six airlines.
- The State and Free Times are just two of Columbia’s newspapers.
- Riverbanks Zoo and Botanical Garden, the Columbia Museum of Art, the Criminal Justice Hall of Fame, and the South Carolina State Museum are a few of our attractions.
- South Carolina Philharmonic Orchestra, the Columbia City Ballet, the Town Theatre, and a number of other venues provide local entertainment.
- Five Points is within walking distance of campus. Five Points also is home to several restaurants, shops, and entertainment venues.
- Lake Murray, Sesquicentennial & Dreher Island State Parks, and the Congaree National Park are enjoyed by outdoors enthusiasts.
- Gamecocks and the Blowfish are a couple of our local sports teams.
- Free parking passes for the University of South Carolina campus are available at the USC Visitor’s Center.
- Information for Prospective USC Students is also available.
How do I apply to USC?
The following page has necessary information regarding admission procedure of USC: www.sc.edu/admissions/
Which scholarships and financial aid programs are available to Mechanical Engineering students?
Information regarding scholarships and financial aid programs can be found here.
How do I get transfer credit for EMCH courses?
These guidelines are intended for those who transfer to the Mechanical Engineering Program from a different USC department or from a different university. Please consult with the Mechanical Engineering Student Services Office (803-777-9549) for any updated information
- Transfering from a USC department
- Transfering from a different university
- Transfering from a technical school
How can I ask my own question?
Student Service Administrative Assistant
Office: 300 Main, A229