Horizon Building I
Columbia, SC 29208
Dr. Huang's research interests include mechanics and durability of functional and structural composite materials, in particular, composite materials in polymer electrolyte membrane fuel cells, solid oxide fuel cells, structural composites, and coatings.
- Ph.D., Engineering Mechanics, Virginia Tech 2001
- B.E., Beijing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics, 1993
- W. Yoon, X. Huang, "A Multiphysics Model of PEM Fuel Cell Incorporating the Cell Compression Effects," Journal of The Electrochemical Society, 2010, in print.
- W. Yoon, X. Huang, "Study of Polymer Electrolyte Membrane Degradation under OCV Hold Using Bilayer MEAs," Journal of The Electrochemical Society, 2010, 157 (4).
- C. Huang, X. Huang, M. Rodgers, "Chapter 9: Impurity Mitigation Strategies" in Proton Exchange Membrane Fuel Cells: Contamination and Mitigation Strategies, CRC book series on Green Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, Taylor and Francis, 2009.
- L. Xing, K. Reifsnider, and X. Huang, "Progressive damage modeling for large deformation loading of composite structures," Composites Science and Technology (2008), doi:10.1016/j.compscitech.2008.08.019.
- N. Luo, G. Miley, K. Kim, R. Burton, X. Huang, "NaBH4/H2O2 fuel cells for air independent power systems," Journal of Power Sources (2008), 185 (2): 685~690.
- R. Solasi, Y. Zou, X. Huang, K. Reifsnider, "A Time and Hydration-Dependent Viscoplastic Model for Polyelectrolyte Membranes in Fuel Cells," Mechanics of Time-Dependent Materials, (2008), 12:15~30.
- G. Ju, K. Reifsnider, X. Huang, "Infrared Thermography and Thermoelectrical Study of a Solid Oxide Fuel Cell," Journal of Fuel Cell Science and Technology, 2008, 5 (3), 031006 (6 pages).
- W. Yoon, X. Huang, P. Fazzino, K. Reifsnider, M. Akkaoui, "Evaluation of Coated Metallic Bipolar Plates for Polymer Electrolyte Membrane Fuel Cells," Journal of Power Sources (2008), 179 (1):265~273.
- R. Solasi, Y. Zou, X. Huang, K. Reifsnider, "On Mechanical Behavior, Characterization and Modeling of Ionomer Membranes Used in Fuel Cell Applications," Journal of Power Sources (2007), Vol. 167 (2): 366-377.
- X. Huang, R. Solasi, Y. Zou, K. Reifsnider, D. Condit, S. Burlatsky, T. Madden, "Mechanical endurance of polymer electrolyte membrane and PEM fuel cell durability," Journal of Polymer Science, Part B: Polymer Physics, Vol 44, 2006, 2346-2357.
- K. Reifsnider, X. Huang, G. Ju, R. Solasi, "Multi-scale modeling approaches for functional nano-composite materials," Journal of Material Science (2006) 41:6751-6759.
- G. Ju, K. Reifsnider, X. Huang, Y. Du, "Time Dependent Properties and Performance of a Tubular Solid Oxide Fuel Cell," ASME Journal of Fuel Cell Science and Technology, Vol. 1, No. 1, Nov. 2004, pp35~42. (4)