Michael Van Tooren
Professor and Director Aerospace Studies
1000 Catawba Street
Columbia, SC 29208
Dr. Van Tooren's research interest include Design Automation, Knowledge Based Engineering, Alternative aircraft concepts, Composite aircraft fuselages, Aircraft Certification, Systems Engineering and Road vehicle aerodynamics.
- Ph.D., TU-Delft, 1993
- M.S., University of Technology Delft Aerospace Engineering, 1988
- B.S., University of Technology Delft Aerospace Engineering, 1986
- La Rocca, G., Tooren, MJL van, Knowledge Based Engineering to support complex product design, J.of Advanced Engineering Informatics, vol.26 Issue 2, 2012.
- Foeken, M.J., Alvarez Cabrera, A., Voskuijl, M.., Tooren, MJL van, Enabling control software generation by using mechatronics modeling primitives Journal of Advanced Engineering Informatics, vol.26 Issue 2, 2012.
- Steenhuizen, D., Tooren, MJL van, "The implementation of a Knowledge Based Engineering framework for the aerodynamic optimization of a morphing wing device", Journal of Advanced Engineering Informatics. vol.26 Issue 2, 2012.
- A. Elham∗, G.M.R. Van Raemdonck, M.J.L. van Tooren, "Design, construction, and validation of a new boundary layer rake for full-scale testing". Journal of Flow Measurement and Instrumentation, 26 (2012) 30–36
- M. van Tooren, C. Kassapoglou, "Structural Design – Tradeoffs" in Encyclopedia of Aerospace Engineering, eds R. Blockley and W. Shyy, John Wiley: Chichester. DOI:10.1002/9780470686652.eae596. , Published 15th June 2012