300 Main Street
Columbia, SC 29208
- Ph.D., Mechanical Engineering and Applied Mechanics, University of Rhode Island, 2009
- M.S., Aerospace Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology Bombay, India, 2005
- B.S., Mechanical Engineering, Defense Engineering College, Ethiopia, 2001
- A. Kidane, A. Lashgari, B. Li, M. McKerns, M. Ortiz, H. Owhadi, G. Ravichandran, M. Stalzer, T.J. Sullivan, "Rigorous model-based uncertainty quantification with application to terminal ballistics, part I: Systems with controllable inputs and small scatter", Journal of the Mechanics and Physics of Solids, 60, 983–1001, 2012.
- D. Rittel, A. Kidane, M. Alkhader, A. Venkert, P. Landau, G. Ravichandran, On the dynamically stored energy of cold work in pure single crystal and polycrystalline copper, Acta Materialia 60 3719–3728, 2012.
- S. Abotula, A. Kidane, V. Chalivendra, A. Shukla, Dynamic curving cracks in functionally graded materials under thermo-mechanical loading, International Journal of Solids and Structures 49, 1637–1655, 2012.
- B. Li, A. Kidane, G. Ravichandran, M. Ortiz, "Verification and validation of the Optimal Transportation Mesh-free (OTM) simulation of terminal ballistics", International Journal of Impact Engineering, 42, 25-36, 2012.
- A. Kidane, V. Chalivendra, A. Shukla, and R. Chona, "Mixed-mode dynamic crack propagation in graded materials under thermo-mechanical loading, Engineering Fracture Mechanics, 77(14) 2010, 2864-2880
- A. Kidane, V. Chalivendra, A. Shukla, "Thermo-Mechanical Stress Fields and Strain Energy associated with a Mixed-Mode Propagating Crack", Acta Mechanica 215, (2010) 57–69
- A. Kidane and A. Shukla, "Quasi-Static and Dynamic Fracture Initiation Toughness of Ti/TiB Layered Functionally Graded Material under Thermo-Mechanical Loading", Engineering Fracture Mechanics, Vol. 77, 2010, p 479-491
- A. Kidane and A. Shukla, "Dynamic Constitutive Behavior Of Ti/TiB FGM Under Thermo Mechanical Loading", Journal of Materials Science, Vol. 43 Issue 8, 2008, p2771-2777
- N. K. Naik and Addis Asmelash, Venkatshwrara and V. Raju, "Interlaminar Shear Properties of Polymer Matrix Composites: Strain Rate Effect", Mechanics of Materials, Vol. 39, 2007, 1043-1052