5801 Bluff Road
Hopkins, SC 29061
Dr. Carrilho’s research and interests include product design and analysis, modeling of manufacturing processes, nuclear fuel material, structural and thermo hydraulic performance, experimental and finite element analysis of structures and components, experimental and finite element/volume analysis of fluid flow and heat transfer.
- Ph.D., Mechanical Engineering, University of South Carolina, 2012
- M.S., Metallurgical Engineering, Fluminense Federal University, V. Redonda, Brazil, 2000
- B.S., Metallurgical Engineering, Fluminense Federal University, V. Redonda, Brazil, 1987
- Modeling of the effect of parallel rib-type roughness on local, single-phase heat transfer in rod bundles by CFD - Part 1: flow resistance. 18th International Conference on Nuclear Engineering ICONE18, Xi’an (2010)
- Two and Three-Dimensional Simulations of Enhanced Heat Transfer in Nuclear Fuel Rod Bundles. ASME Summer Heat Transfer Conference, California, USA (2009).
- A Modal Analysis Procedure for PWR Fuel Assemblies. 16th International Conference on Nuclear Engineering ICONE 16, Orlando (2008).
- Fuel Rod to Support Contact Optimization for the 16x16 Next Generation Fuel. 18th International Conference on Structural Mechanics in Reactor Technology SMiRT18, Beijing (2005).