Bachelor of Science
The Department of Mechanical Engineering offers the Bachelor of Science in Engineering degree with a major in mechanical engineering. Mechanical engineer is concerned with the design, development, and manufacture of both mechanical and thermal systems. These systems may vary from the internal combustion engine to power automobiles and airplanes to the use of computer vision in biomedical and automated manufacturing applications.
The objectives of the mechanical engineering undergraduate program are: to educate students in the application of mathematics, science, and engineering principles for solving mechanical engineering problems; to develop students’ professional skills that enable a successful career; and to provide students with the broad education necessary to practice engineering in a global and societal context.
- Curriculum of 2019 to Present
- Curriculum of 2012 to 2019
- Curriculum of 2009 to 2012
- Changes in curriculum of Fall 2009
- Curriculum prior 2009
- 3 year curriculum
- Prerequisite flowchart of 2012 to 2019
- Prerequisite flowchart of 2009 to 2012
- Prerequisite flowchart prior 2009