Current focus areas are:
1) Manufacturing of multi-scale (micro-/nano-phased) and multi-functional heterogeneous structural composites
2) 3D image based multi-physics of nano-micro-structure of heterogeneous materials (e.g. polymer composite, ceramics in fuel cell and others)
3) Multi-Physical predictive formulation of multi-scale degradation mechanisms, durability and prognosis (remaining life estimate)
4) Synergy of structural , electromagnetic and thermal behavior of composite material systems
5) Adhesion, degradation mechanisms and durability in joints & interfaces
6) Multi-scale dielectric behavior or heterogeneous conductivity in advanced materials (composites, ceramics , biomaterials, engineered metamaterials)
We hope to update this page with more details in the future. Please contact us for details about our broad research areas.