Join HMMCL as a Researcher
HMMCL is a growing group and engaged with major research initiatives at the University of South Carolina. We are always interested in hiring outstanding post-doctoral scholars, graduate, and undergraduate students to work on our projects. The need for new research personnel varies with progress in current projects and addition of new projects. Therefore, you are encouraged to contact us (prasun at sc dot edu) even if your desired position/expertise is not listed and attach your CV for consideration.
Research Positions in HMMCL
1. Graduate Research Assistant with research focus on advanced composite materials (Status: Now hiring, please email for further details):The student is expected to work towards MS (in Aerospace or Mechanical) or PhD in Mechanical Engineering. Potential candidates with either BS or MS (preferred) in mechanical, aerospace or related areas may apply (check admission requirements and deadlines). Please mention our group and composite materials as research area in your application and statement of purpose. Students with a strong committment towards PhD degree will be preferred over MS students.
2. Graduate Research Assistant with research focus on characterization and modeling of ceramic composite materials (status: Now hiring. US citizenship status will count as a plus but not required.):The graduate student will work towards PhD in Mechanical Engineering (check admission requirements and deadlines). Please mention our group and research area in your application and statement of purpose.
3. Post-doctoral Scholar with research focus on high voltage/pulse power/electromagnetics background to study multi-physical response of composites(status: For current availability, outstanding candidates are encouraged to contact via email):The post-doctoral scholar should have expertise in high voltage/pulse power/electromagnetic experiments. Computational modeling skill is optional but will be considered as a plus point.
4. Post-doctoral Scholar with research focus on manufacturing and/multi-scale analysis of composites(status: For current availability, outstanding candidates are encouraged to contact via email):The post-doctoral scholar should have expertise in manufacturing of structural polymer composites, nano-composites, and their multi-scale modeling. Researchers with expertise in computational modeling of ceramic composite materials and other emerging areas related to advanced materials may also be considered.
5. Undergraduate Research Assistant (status: generally hired in summer but you may contact to inquire about availability at any time):For helping with research work during both regular semester and summer. Hiring decisions will be made based upon assessent of current need and availability of support. Please send email to check current availability.