EMCH 577: Aerospace Structures I
Fall 2013, Fall 2014, Fall 2015, Fall 2016, Fall 2017
- Basic theory of elasticity
i) Stress, strain, stress-strain relation
ii) Semi-inverse method in elasticity
iii) Two dimension problems in elasticity
- Introduction to Aircraft Materials and Structures
i) Mechanical properties of materials
ii) Aerospace materials
iii) Aircraft structures and idealization
- Bending of beams
i) Symmetrical and unsymmetrical beams
ii) Open thin-walled beams
iii) Closed thin-walled beams
- Shear in thin-walled section and shear center
i) Thin-walled close section beams
ii) Thin-walled open section beams
iii) Combined close and open section beams
- Torsion of beams
i) Solid section beams
ii) Thin-walled sections
iii) Combined open and close section beams
- Structural Stability
ii) Buckling and stability
EMCH 363: - Mechanical Engineering Laboratory III
Spring 2012, Fall 2012,Spring 2013,Fall 2013,Spring 2014, Fall 2014, Spring 2015, Fall 2015, Spring 2016, Fall 2016, Spring 2017, Fall 2017
Design and implement experimental procedures to characterize static and dynamic mechanical engineering systems.
- Experimentally investigate mechanical engineering systems involving energy, mechanics, and materials.
- Familiarize with data analysis generated from different data acquisition systems.
- Identify and include safety and environmental issues in experimental design.
- Demonstrate both independent and team work.
- Exercise effective scientific presentations.
- Write technical reports, executive summaries, and memos.
Different indoor and outdoor experiments.